- 1 lb Ground Grass-fed always the best, clean choice)
- 4-5 Cups of shredded collard greens
- 1/2 Large onion (any kind works fine)
- 1 1/2 Cup of Bell Peppers (multi colors), chopped
- 3/4 Cup of Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- 1 tbs Annatto (or chili powder)
- 1/2 tbs Garlic Powder
- Corn Tortillas
- Sour cream, chopped tomatoes, cilantro for garnish
- Cook the veggies in a little oil (coconut is what I use) then add meat and seasonings and cook until brown.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and cover. Remove from heat.
- While that sits, heat about a tsp of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and follow this recipe for the collards.
- Heat vegetable oil on high heat and slip in one tortilla at a time cook on each side for about 30 seconds to a minute until reach desired crispiness
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel, sprinkle with salt immediately