This is a tasty weeknight chicken dish that is fast and doesn’t require a ton of thought. Once you marinade the chicken for a few hours, the actual making of it only takes about 30 minutes and tastes outstanding!
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 C Modena balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs Olive oil (plus a little for later)
- 2 Tbs Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- A few shakes of salt & pepper
- 1 Tbs Sugar (I normally NEVER recommend this but use white)
- 1 Bottle of beer (any kind is fine)
- 2 Pats of real butter
- 1 Gallon size Zip Lock bag
- 1 Medium to large cast iron skillet
- Throw everything into the Zip Lock bag and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours – up to 8.
- For this recipe, you will split cook between stovetop and oven so when you’re ready to cook, heat the oven to 400 and get your skillet hot on the stovetop.
- When you sprinkle a few water drops and it sizzles and evaporates quickly, your pan is ready. Add the chicken and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and sugar then cook until brown; flip over and repeat on the other side.
- Once browned, move the skillet carefully to the oven and cook for about 5 min then turn and cook for another 5-7 until the middle is no longer pink.
- The last step is to take it out of the oven and add the butter and half of the beer (drink the other half, don’t be wasteful) flip the chicken a few times and let it sit for 5 min and serve.
I served mine with and quinoa salad. Delish!