This simple vinaigrette is a staple in my house. Light and fresh with a touch of smokiness, you are sure to love it on all types of salads, not just lettuce. I even add it to my roasted pork dishes as well.
- 1 Cup olive oil (the good stuff)
- 2-3 Tbs Champagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 Finely diced shallot
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs Fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 Light tap of smoked paprika – you only need a few sprinkles, nothing heavy
- 3-4 Twists of fresh cracked black pepper
Notes & Tips:
- Vinaigrettes last about 2 weeks in the fridge. I prefer to store mine in glass (mason jar) to keep fresh.
- You can easily add 2 Tbsp of cream to this for a delightful variation. I will often add cream if I add to a sauce for meats.
- Try the recipe first without the paprika. You may prefer without the smokiness.
- Dressings separate and settle. Remove from fridge 10-20 minutes prior to use and stir before adding to your dish.